Talyllyn railway No.3 is here under contract overhaul. The engine was built in 1878 by Hughes’ Loco & Tramway Engineering Works Ltd of Loughborough for use on the Corris Railway. The Corris Rly closed in 1948 and in 1951 the engine was purchased by the Talyllyn Railway and was named after the line’s late owner, Sir Henry Haydn Jones.

The engine visited our Workshop for a 10 yearly overhaul, this being completed in April 2018.

en English
X